Youth in Philanthropy Summer Institute
For high school students who live or learn in MetroWest
Summer Institute will run from Monday, June 25 to Friday, June 29, 2018, 9:00 am- 4:00 pm daily
Location: Framingham State University
Registration Deadline: CLOSED.
The Youth in Philanthropy Summer Institute is designed for high school students who are looking to make an impact in their community. This fun, five-day summer program empowers students to be active community members. Participants – led by trained instructors – learn how to evaluate local nonprofit organizations, conduct site visits to area nonprofits, and work as a team to award a grant to the nonprofit of their choice. Expert guest speakers attend sessions to help students explore philanthropy and gain real-world skills including how to create a résumé, manage personal budgets, and confidently present in front of others. Throughout the YIP Summer Institute, participants discover a keen awareness of their own potential and develop the skills necessary to become successful leaders.
Led by trained instructors, students:
- Learn about how to evaluate local nonprofit organizations and develop their own leadership skills through fun group exercises
- Enjoy outdoor activities and breaks with snacks
- Hear from expert guest speakers about real-world skills including how to create a résumé or build a personal budget
- Work on team building skills to award a donation to the nonprofit of their choice
- Spend a full day at site visits to local nonprofit organizations
- Present their nonprofit donation choice to a panel for approval – parents invited